"Never have more children than you have car windows."
Erma Bombeck

Monday, November 26, 2007

My Albuquerque contract is over and we're back in New Orleans. I really enjoyed New Mexico. There is alot to see, and the people are wonderful. New Orleans is getting better, but it has a long way to go. But the best thing about New Orleans is still here, and that's the people. Let's face it, the folks that live in a town are what makes it a great place to be. Now I am working in Baton Rouge, commuting from New Orleans.
I had so much fun making Halloween decorations for my daughter. But I forgot to take photos. I'll have to get her to take some pics for me to post. I did some paper mache' Halloween figures. I made a black cat, and a pumpkin head girl. Also, some gauzy ghost.
Now I am in the mood for Christmas projects. Every year about this time, I start rereading all of my present and past Christmas books and magazines. I always find at least one project to do. I usually do an ornament project as well. I have already started creating for Christmas. I am making simple cloth doll Santas. They are simple enough to do several dolls. They will have polymer clay faces. The faces are already made, since they were originally for another project that didn't work out. They will have ceramic boots that I have ordered. The project is from an old BH&G Santa Clause magazine. That's a magazine that really gets me ready for making Christmas stuff. I think that my ornament project will be tiny quilts, inserted into clear glass ball ornaments. I saw it in a new book I have on making art with trancparencies. It's called Transparency Art by Somerset Studios. I really like this book.
Well I hope everyone makes a little something this Christmas season. It really gets you in the mood to pull out those stockings.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. If is possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll, I thank. Good bye friend.