"Never have more children than you have car windows."
Erma Bombeck

Sunday, December 9, 2007

Christmas ornament.


My good friend and I got together today to make ornaments. This is the first one that I did. We painted onto fabric, added batting and a backing fabric, and did some very simple machine quilting. I glued ot onto acetate which had been cut to the shape of the ornament. I then curled it up, and slipped it inside. Then it just sprang open. It was easier than I expected. I got the idea from the book "Tranceparency Art" by Somerset. I am so ready to make some more.

5 comments:

Helen said...

what a fantastic idea Gay, and a very lovely result too. This year in our island arts centre gift shop we have baubles with fluffy white feathers inside - really pretty too. Thank you for sharing.

Arty Lady's blog said...

What a great idea. Well done.

Anonymous said...

Very fun!

Veleta (Sammy) said...

What a great idea! Bet they look awesome hanging on your tree with the Christmas lights shining on them...

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Webcam, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://webcam-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.